An authentic Italian dish served on a zesty cheese platter, a sure enjoyment with a kick of spice!
1. In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, egg and ½ cup of Pecorino cheese. Cover and refrigerate for 25 minutes.
2. Take a cookie sheet sprinkle with flour. Flour your hands and work surface with a little flour. In your hand take about ½ cup of dough and roll into a thick log about ¾ thick.
3. Cut each log into bite size pieces or shape into the traditional shaped gnocchi by using a fork.
4. Continue until all dough is gone.
5. Bring pot to boil with 1 tsp. of salt. Drop gnocchi into water one batch at a time. When gnocchi comes to surface it is done. Remove and set aside.
6. In a large sauce pan add: 1 28.oz of Dei Fratelli crushed tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, oregano, basil. Cook over medium heat for 45 minutes.
7. Stir in cream and cook another 5 minutes.
8. Plate gnocchi and top with hot spicy tomato sauce.
Serving Size Serves 4