A sweet and salty fig that will surely melt in your mouth in every bite!
1. Slice baguette into 1/4 slices brush olive oil (5 tbsp.) on both sides; salt and pepper bake at 375° Fahrenheit until brown.
2. Remove baguette slices and cool. (5 minutes)
3. Cut off top of garlic bulbs, drizzle with 1 tbsp. of olive oil, and bake at 375 for 40 minutes.
4. Take baked garlic, and squeeze out garlic cloves and set aside.
5. In a sauce pan, sauté 2 tbsp of olive oil with onion.
6. Add tomatoes, figs, red wine, balsamic vinegar, and honey.
7. Cook over medium heat for 50 minutes until figs are soft. Cool for an hour in refrigerator.
8. Spread 1 tsp. of Gorgonzola on a baguette slice, top with 1 tsp. of fig chutney and 1 tsp. of roasted garlic.
Serving Size Serves 2