A savory filling of poultry pouring with zesty cherry sauce, perfect for this fall!
1. Thaw duck breasts.
2. Score the skin on each duck breast, set aside.
3. Cut onion into thin slices.
4. In a saucepan add: butter, onions, sherry, ginger, garlic, honey, juice of an orange, cherries, chicken stock.
5. Cook until onions are caramelized about 15 minutes over medium heat.
6. Stir in 2 tbsp. cream.
7. Add Maple Leaf Farms Duck breasts to sauce. Cook for about 10 minutes over medium high heat.
8. Turn oven until broil.
9. Remove duck breasts from sauce put on cookie sheet skin side up. Broil duck breasts until skin is crispy.
10. Let duck breasts sit for 10 minutes before cutting into slices.
11. Bring 1 cup of water to boil.
12. Gradually stir in polenta.
13. Reduce heat and continue stirring for 5 minutes.
14. Add Parmesan cheese and 2 tbsp. cream to polenta.
15. Add sliced duck breasts to sauce, bring to medium heat.
16. Plate polenta on two plates.
17. Top with sauce and sliced duck.
Serving Size Serves 4