Cool and serve with your favorite beverage.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease two cookie sheets.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
4. Add one egg yolk at a time and beat for 1 minute.
5. Add vanilla and peppermint.
6. Blend in flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt over medium speed.
7. Stir in candy cane pieces.
8. Use a spoon to drop cookie dough on cookie sheet.
9. Bake for 13 minutes or until brown.
10. Cool cookies before frosting.
11. In a small bowl combine: butter, cream cheese, peppermint extract, powder sugar, red food coloring. Mix until creamy.
12. Frost cookies, top with crushed candy canes.
Serving Size Serves 8