- 2 28oz. cans crushed tomatoes
- 5 Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 medium size yellow onion chopped
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 5 chopped cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes (add more if you like spice)
- 2 tbsp. Italian Herbs paste (in produce section of store)
- ¼ cup of cream
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. chopped parmesan for garnish
- 1 package of cheese ravioli
- In a large pot add chopped tomatoes, olive oil, and garlic cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, sugar, red pepper flakes, oregano, and Italian herb paste. Cook for 30 medium over medium low heat.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and cream. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Set sauce aside, you will have enough sauce for 3 packages of ravioli. You can freeze extra sauce for future dinners.
- In another pot fill with water to half full.
- Bring water to boil, add ravioli. Cook until raviolis are tender and heated through, about 10 minutes.
- Plate ravioli and top with creamy tomato sauce.
Garnish with additional grated cheese and chopped basil.