Luvafoodie Roasted Eggplant with fresh Mozzarella Pizza
- 1lb. of fresh pizza dough
- 8 tbsp. of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium eggplant sliced
- ½ yellow onion sliced into pieces
- 2 tbsp. dry sherry
- 1 ball of fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 3 tbsp. Pecorino cheese
- 2 tbsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. sundried tomato paste
- 2 tbsp. black sliced olives
- 1 tbsp. red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush each side of sliced eggplant with olive oil (total of 3 tbsp.). Salt and pepper each side.
- In a frying pan: add 2 tbsp. of olive oil, onions, sherry, and honey. Sauté for 15 minutes until onions are translucent.
- In a bowl mix 3 tbsp. of olive oil, with garlic and pecorino cheese. Set aside.
- Roll-out pizza dough into a round 1” thick in diameter, put on pizza pan.
- Spread olive and pecorino cheese mixture on pizza dough.
- Alternate and arrange eggplant and mozzarella slices around the edge of the pizza dough.
- In the middle of the pizza dough add onions, black olives and sundried tomato paste.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes.
- Bake at 390 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until crust of pizza is brown.