- 2 boxes of (32 oz.) chicken broth
- 5 tbsp. butter
- 2-3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup of Pinot Grigio
- 1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 cup coarsely grated Fontina cheese, plus more for garnish
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breast diced (about 1 1/4 cups)
- Bake chicken breasts at 375 in a shallow pan with 2 tbsp. of olive oil, dash of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Cool and cut into bite size pieces. Set aside.
- In a large Dutch pan, add chicken stock, over medium heat.
- In another large Dutch pan: add garlic and onion and butter cook until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add rice and thyme; cook, stirring, until the rice is glossy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the wine and cook, stirring, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add couple dashes of salt and pepper.
- Ladle in the hot broth, about 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly, allowing all of the liquid to be absorbed before adding more. Continue until the rice is just tender and creamy, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Stir in Fontina and Parmigianino cheese and remaining 1 tbsp. butter.
Garnish with cheese and thyme leaves.