Burgers are one of my family’s favorite meals. And with these fresh burger toppings, I can customize the meal to suit everyone’s tastes. The adults won’t get bored, and the kids won’t have to try new flavors if they aren’t feeling adventurous.
These burger toppings include classics like bacon and cheese, plus some unique flavor combinations, like Old Bay-spiced mayonnaise and fresh crab meat. Try them all!
- All-American Burger– Ketchup, lettuce, mayonnaise and pickles.
- Barbecue Burger– Barbecue sauce, cole slaw and cheddar cheese.
- Greek Burger– Chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions and pitted kalamata olives tossed with Greek salad dressing and topped with crumbled feta cheese.
- Taco Burger– Lettuce, salsa, sliced black olives and cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese.
- Italian Burger– Pesto, roma tomato slices and mozzarella cheese.
- Southern Burger– Peach salsa and hickory-smoked barbecue sauce.
- Maryland Burger– Mix mayonnaise with Old Bay seasoning. Spread on a toasted bun. Top the burger with fresh lump crab meat.
- French Burger– A teaspoon or two of blueberry pie filling topped with melted brie.
- Asian Burger– Hoisin sauce and chopped green onions.
- Cowboy Burger– Crisp, nitrate-free bacon, baked beans and cheddar cheese.
- Hawaiian Burger– Chopped pineapple chunks, Canadian bacon and teriyaki sauce.
- Summer Special– Fried corn and fresh sliced tomatoes.
- Mexican Burger– Guacamole and pico de gallo.
- Bacon, Pesto and Cheese Burger– Crisp cooked bacon (preferably nitrate-free), kale pesto (or spinach pesto) and smoked mozzarella cheese.
- Thanksgiving Burger– Cranberry sauce, mayonnaise, bacon and white cheddar cheese on a turkey burger.
- Italian Schmear Burger– Mix whipped cream cheese with finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes, prosciutto and Italian parsley. Spread on toasted Italian bread and top with smoked mozzarella cheese and arugula.
- Monte Cristo Burger– Turkey burger with Dijon mustard, ham, swiss cheese and strawberry jelly on French toast
- Reuben Burger– Thousand island dressing, sauerkraut and melted swiss with bits of corned beef on top.
- Hot Dog Chili Burger– Hot dog chili and yellow mustard.